Friday, November 13, 2009

Back in the USA

So its been awhile since my last post -- which transpired while still in China; not for lack of trying, but I've been playing catch-up on a lot of matters left untended during my absence.

One activity which I hadn't had much of an opportunity to engage in, getting back up on my Bike; the original spark for this Blog!

So I took the Rockhopper out for a spin along the Lakefront, and noticed a wobbly rear wheel. After some initial examination and troubleshooting of my own, I realized that I was beyond my immediate depth both in my skillset and toolkit; so I wheeled on over to Uptown Bikes (UB) for another opinion.

The fine technicians at UB recognized a distinct manufacturing defect in the Vittoria Randonneur Tire installed during my original rehab of the Bike in early Summer.

The suspect tread was quickly changed out and I was again on my way, but not before I snapped this shot of Uptown Bikes' storefront just below the Wilson Avenue El stop.

I can't say enough about Uptown Bikes and the no attitude courtesy with which they conduct their business. While still thought of as the *Go-to* Guys and Gals for Bike repairs on the Northside, they also have a fine selection of both Raleigh and KHS Bicycles.
And, as evidenced again today, their support after the sale is seamless and without friction. Kudos again to Uptown Bikes!